When I wrote my very first post way back when in March, I wanted this blog to be a diary documenting my little family’s adventures and for my boy Leo to be its main focus and driving force. When Leo is older and asking about his early years I hope this blog will help me provide all the answers he seeks. However, although I do write about my son a lot here, as my little part of the internet has grown and evolved my posts sometimes stray away from being all about him. This is fine, I want my readers to know about my family but I also understand they don’t want my whole life story. A blog needs variety and although posts like What my blog means to me and products reviews won’t be appealing to future Leo, they add another dimension to my blog and make it more interesting for my readers. So, amongst all the lists, reviews and random things I write about, I am now going to write a monthly post completely dedicated to Leo. A post all about what he is like at this age, what he loves, what he hates and what new things he has done. Watching him learn and grow everyday is amazing and although I cherish every moment, it is inevitable in time things will be forgotten. So, without further a due, here is this months Leo update..
This month Leo loves..
* Thomas the Tank – Oh my, he is obsessed! I recently bought him the new Thomas the tank DVD and we have to watch it at least once every single day. The only toys he wants to play with are his Thomas trains, he is constantly singing the theme tune (They’re 2, they’re 4, they’re 6, they’re 8..all together now!) and every time we go to the shop he asks for a new Thomas magazine. The boy is obsessed.
* Singing – Leo sings all the time. Sometimes it is nursery rhymes, sometime it is the aforementioned Thomas theme tune and other times it is just nonsense. Although he has been singing for a few months now it is only the past few weeks he has started sounding the words in the correct rhythm and tune, it is so so cute.
* Teletubbies – The brand new series has just started on Cbeebies, it has only been on for a week and already Leo is in love. He knows all of their names and is mesmerised by the ‘sunshine baby’. My boy is very flighty though, I remember a time not too long ago when he was in love with the TwirlyWoo’s and now it is as though they never existed.
* Play doh – I have a love/hate relationship with Play Doh so it doesn’t come out to play from the craft box very often (it gets stuck in the carpet, damn it). However, recently Leo has become quite fond of the stuff so we have been getting creative with it quite a lot lately. Leo loves squashing it and using my cookie cutters to make little shapes – may need to add actual play doh cutters to the Christmas list.
This month Leo hates…
* Yoghurt – What toddler doesn’t love yoghurt? Mine, apparently. These little pots of fruity yummyness used to be a firm favourite and now Leo has one spoonful before pushing it away with a dissatisfied look on his face. How can he love something so much one day and despise it so much the next?
* The kitten – Ok, so I don’t actually think Leo hates Jessy but he has definitely started to dislike her. If she jumps up on the sofa for a cuddle she is promptly pushed away by Leo. On occasion he tries to play with her but most of the time, if he bothers to interact with at all, he is either trying to pull her tail or grab her whiskers or hurt her in some other way. Hopefully this is just a phase and he will start to be more gentle and loving towards her again soon.
* Most things I ask him to do – We are well and truly living through the terrible twos, the struggle is real my friends. All those people who warned you of this time, well they weren’t lying. All I ever try and do is make Leo happy and keep him safe but attempts to stop him running in to traffic and to get him to eat some veg are met with angry growls and almighty temper tantrums. I feel like this may be a reoccurring point on this list for a few months to come..help me!
Leo’s firsts from this month…
* Made gingerbread men, with
a lot a little help from Mummy and Daddy.
* Had his first adventure in The New Forest.
* Attempted to count past 10.
* Got his first poster – it is a minions one and he loves it.
* Went on his first ever big train ride when we went shopping in Southampton.
* Started napping in his cot and not just the car/pram (so proud and relieved!)
* Learnt to jump.
* Got his first sickness bug,
* Started playing Hide&Seek (ish).
* Decided he likes eating raw pepper sticks,
* Met my parent’s crazy, Labrador puppy Minnie.
And finally, here are some photos from this past month…
Do you like to write updates on your child’s development and what they have been up to? I have a feeling I am going to really look forward to writing these posts.