I am not sure how this is happening but my baby boy is turning three next month. THREE! I honestly don’t know where the time has gone. On the one hand it feels like no time has passed since I first set eyes on him, floating about in the birthing pool looking so peaceful and beautiful but then at the same time it feels like he has always been a part of my life. Birthdays bring with them lots of memories and sentimentality but it can also be a bit of a stressful time. Choosing birthday gifts for anyone can be difficult but when it comes to buying a present for your little ones there is always a bit of added pressure as you want to make sure you get them something they will really love. When shopping for Leo’s birthday gifts I always try and get something he will actually play with, something that will last more than a week and ideally I like to get a good deal on the price too.
This formula doesn’t always work, amongst the few success stories (anything train related) there have been far more failures. Leo’s wooden toy box has become the final resting place for so many birthday gifts that were only played with on the day they were opened. I have been left questioning if there is any point even buying him anything? Of course I can’t not get him a birthday present but it just so hard to know what a toddler really wants.
This year for the big 3, Oli and I have decided to get Leo a bike. We are debating between either a balance bike or one with stabilisers that will last him a good few years. We are hoping Leo will like it. I have been wondering though, if Leo got to choose his own gift for his birthday, what would he ask for? I am sure toddlers would be much happier if we just gave them exactly what they wanted for their birthdays instead of just winging it and hoping they like what they are given. Here is a list of 10 birthday gifts I know for a fact Leo would love – if they were all possible that is!
10 birthday gifts my 3 year old really wants.
- A trip to Thomas Land every single day for as long as he wants.
- The promise of pasta or chips every day for lunch.
- A giant field of his very own to run around in with no supervision.
- His very own steam train.
- The whole cast of Peppa Pig to come and live in our house.
- Biscuits available on demand, preferably chocolate ones.
- Permission to go about the rest of his days only wearing pants and wellies.
- For Mummy and Daddy to provide a constant musical soundtrack of nursery rhymes and anything he is currently a fan of on the radio.
- A private soft play centre, built as an extension on to the house.
- The power to be as naughty and mischievous as he wants without Mummy and Daddy telling him off.
I am confident Leo would be over the moon if he got any of these birthday gifts on his special day next month. He’s not having any of it though, he’s having a bike. What would your toddler want for their birthday if you gave them the choice? Would their list be similar to Leo’s? In all seriousness, have you got any great gift suggestions for a three year old? I would love to know.
Disclaimer: This post is written in collaboration with Every Day is Black Friday.
This post is linked to some of these amazing blog link ups. If you love blogs, go check them out and share the love.
Never miss a post. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a catch up email every Friday – no spam 🙂
* After my recent blog move from Blogger to Word Press, some of my posts have been left looking a bit strange. I am working my way through everything and sorting out the formatting, hopefully it won’t take me too long! If you come across a post with strange looking formatting please let me know as I might have missed it. Thank you 🙂 *