Over the last couple weeks Leo has started to throw the worst tantrums ever, think I may have mentioned it here once or twice!
Whoever coined the term ‘terrible 2’s’ is a massive liar liar pants on fire! Leo’s attitude started to surface around 16 months and the tantrums are just getting worse.
During these moments, whenever/wherever they happen, amongst the frustration and embarrassment I find the same thoughts whizzing through my frazzled brain.
• Aww my poor baby, why is he crying?
• I have told him already he’s not allowed that.
• Why does he think lying on the floor will make me change my mind?
• Maybe if I pick him up he’ll stop crying?
• Ooops, that made everything 10 times worse.
• I wonder if he remembers why he’s crying?
• God he actually sounds like someone’s murdering him!
• Please stop crying baby.
• If that old woman looks over again I am going to lose it.
• Are you trying to make me look like a bad mother?
• No ‘helpful stranger’, I’m not being a ‘nasty mummy’.
• How long is it acceptable for him to stay crying on the floor?
• I’m never going to the shop alone again.
• Surely he can’t keep this up much longer?
• Please, please stop crying baby.
• That’s it, I’m just going to have to hold him under my arm kicking and screaming and hope we both make it out alive.
• Great he’s got tears and snot all over his face now, that’s another tantrum waiting to happen when I try and clean him up.
• Ha I actually think I want another one of these devils one day..what’s wrong with me?
• Does he want me to start crying too?
• Oh he’s randomly stopped crying, he definitely deserves a kiss and big cuddle now.
• Phew, thank god that’s over!
• I love my baby so much.
• I deserve a drink tonight after that.
• I am supermum!
Anyone else think like this when their toddler decides to kick off?
After yesterday’s performance in Co-Op, it’s safe to say that I am now terrified of shopping with Leo…Tesco home delivery anyone?!