Do you ever just have one of those weeks where you feel like it’s all too much?
That’s how I have been feeling this week. My cat Blue has been missing since the middle of June, I can’t stop stressing about money and work and Leo is yet again refusing to eat anything healthy. On top of all that I am still struggling to come to terms with the loss of my nan and I am just feeling a bit lost.
If I let them, all these negative thoughts could really, really get me down but yet again the blogging world has inspired me to try and be positive and focus on the good things in my life. Through my blog reading binges I have discovered that lots of people write about all the little things that make them happy and as of now I plan to do the same. No matter how bad a week I have had or how miserable I have been feeling, every Sunday I am going to remember 10 things that have made me smile to show myself that the week hasn’t been so bad after all.
So this is week 1.
10 things that made me smile this week…
1. Me and Oli watched The Interview. It was hilarious and we ate sweet and salted popcorn (for any of you who don’t already know, it’s the best popcorn ever).
2. Leo has started saying ‘I love you’. He is so adorable!
3. It was really sunny and we made a water slide in the garden.
4. Leo has gone from calling strawberries apples to now calling them ‘shebas’, it is very cute.
5. I had a long phone catch up with my oldest and best friend after not talking to each other in a few months.
6. I picked up 2 extra shifts in work.
7. Leo trying to hula hoop, this made me laugh a lot.
8. A beautiful red and black butterfly came to say hello while I was sunbathing in the garden.
9. A family walk in the park after Oli finished work.
10. Yesterdays visit to Margam Park, taking Leo on a little land train and petting the animals on the farm trail.
What’s made you smile this week?