Another month has been and gone and I can not believe it is now August..August!!!
July has been a month of ups and downs. We found out our cat Blue passed away and I have found myself a bit of a stressy mess at times. Things are looking up now and I am trying to work through all the different things that are getting me down and we couldn’t cope not having a pet so last week, on a bit of whim, we got a new kitten called Jessy.
I am not sure how much of last months bucket list I managed to achieve, you can read it here. Lets take a look and see…
1. Get better at hula hooping – nope, no way, not at all. I suck!
2. Tart up the blog – yea this is just never going to happen, may as well admit it now.
Take Leo swimming – Check! We took him to the big swimming pool in Swansea and took him in the splash pool and on the toddler slides, he loved it.
Get Leo’s hair cut – Done! My nan came with me to the hair dressers for moral support, he screamed the whole time! The hairdresser was lovely and did an amazing job, considering Leo was screaming at her, poor girl.
|My handsome boy with his new hair.
Have a night out – I still haven’t been out dancing but I have managed to squeeze in a couple evenings out this month. Oli and I have been to the cinema a couple times, we saw Avenue Q in the theatre and on Monday I went out for a few cocktails with the work girls. Maybe I’ll get a night of dancing this month, you never know.
|Monday night drinkies.
6. Have 2 family days out – So this didn’t happen. As always we have just spent our family time in Swansea. This is fine as we live in a lovely seaside city with lots of things to do, we have spent time at the beach, had lots of picnics and have been fruit picking. I just fancied going off somewhere different but turns out we have been too busy for that anyway, stupid work/chores/life, ha.
Now on to this month…
1. Make sure Leo has the best birthday ever – Leo is 2 on the 15th and I can not wait! I have already started buying presents and have decided on a minion theme for his party. Can not believe my baby boy will be 2, ahh!
2. Sort out life – This might sound a bit weird but things look like they might be changing for my little family, in an exciting/scary way. I can’t go into it to much now but if this does happen then there are a lot of things that are going to need organising/planning.
3. Finish knitting my hat – My nan is teaching me how to knit and I am working on my first ever project, a purple hat. Knitting is so hard but I am hoping I get this finished soon because I really want to get started on a blanket.
4. Dedicate more time to blogging – I have been slacking so much of the blogging front, I have a huge list of post ideas but just don’t seem to have the motivation to get them done. I am going to aim for 4 posts a week, I am pretty sure this is doable.
5. Finish reading Us – So I have been ‘reading’ this book since my holiday back in June and I am not even half way through! I am enjoying it but just struggling to find a time where I can sit down and really get stuck in.
6. Get a hair cut – My hair has not been cut since March so it is looking pretty awful at the moment. I am thinking of getting a side fringe and having some more blonde put through it, this is all depends on how good things are looking on payday though, obviously.
Have a lovely August everyone, see you on the other side.