Today, Oli and I celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.
3 years since my Dad walked me down the aisle.
3 years since we said “I do”.
3 years since I became a wife to the man of my dreams.
I know it is a cheesy thing to say but I really do believe Oli is The One. My perfect match and my soul mate. I was 18 when Oli and I got together and 21 when we got married, with a tiny baby Leo squirming around in my belly, hidden away under my wedding dress. Some may think I was too young, I settled down too soon but to those people I will simply say this, you’re wrong.
So what if I was still a teenager when I met my future husband? All this means is I get to have him in my life for longer, I get to be his wife for longer. I don’t regret for a second settling down and getting married in my early twenties, I feel lucky to have met the love of my life so young. The complicated world of online dating, Tinder, that terrifying ticking of my metaphorical biological clock will always be a mystery to me. Instead of spending years searching for Mr Right, I already have him, curled up with me on the sofa perfectly happy in each others company. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, do you?
Don’t get me wrong, we argue sometimes. I highly doubt there is a marred couple out there who can swear, hand on heart, that they never disagree with each other, We argue about big things and small things and everything in between but we always make up eventually, we always know we love each other even when we are fighting.
You might be wondering, how do I know Oli is definitely the one? What makes me so sure I have chosen the right person to spend the rest of my life with? Well, here is how I know…
* I can’t think about a future where he isn’t around without nearly crying.
* I don’t care that I spent my university years cuddled up in a little flat with him instead of going out partying every night and living in a student house like everyone else.
* I suck at talking about feelings but he persevered and helped me open up. Now I can tell him anything,
* If I am being a bit dull he will tell me and I like that he’s not scared to correct me when I’m wrong.
* Even when he has been a bit of a crappy guy I can’t stay mad at him for long. I hate it when we’re not friends,
* Although he’s not that great on the compliments front, I know he still fancies me.
* 7 years on and we still say “I love you” every single day.
* I love to listen to him talk, he knows loads of stuff and I feel like he teaches me so much..
* He makes me laugh a lot. Even when I’m mad at him, which is so annoying.
* I can’t stand arguing with him, Not just because arguing is horrible but because I just want us to be happy,
* He knows when I’m not fine, even when I say I am.
* We kick ass at board games, full marks on Mr&Mrs every time.
* We are a great team.
* I still can’t help peeking at him when he’s getting changed, even though that body is not new to my eyes,
* No one has ever made me feel as special as he does.
* He gives me the push I need to be more confident and will always support me in the decisions I make,
* If I am down he always cheers me up, he never wants to see me sad.
* He works hard every day so I can stay home and look after our boy,
* All those years where we were really skint we always said it was OK as long as we were together. I would rather be living in a box with him than be a millionaire and alone,
* There is no other man in the whole world I would want as the father of my child,
* I’m pretty sure I have always known.
This post is linked to..