Who doesn’t love Instagram? Thousands of tiny squares full of gorgeous images, providing you with inspiration, motivation and a sneak peak into the lives of others. The whole world from every perspective is there for us to see, all we have to do is pick up our smart phone and look. I am no exception of course, I love Instagram., being a blogger as well I find it a really useful tool for connecting with other bloggers.
Although it is one of my favourite social media apps, sometimes Instagram does cause me to think things my non-instagrammer (?) self would find extremely strange.
So, here they are, the bad and the good…my 30 thoughts on Instagram..
1. Is my bio interesting enough? Am I supposed to write something witty in there?
2. Is it acceptable to still have the same profile picture I had when I set up my account 2 years ago?
3. I miss the days where I could have a coffee and didn’t feel the urge to photograph it.
4. Why do people selling weight loss tablets/shakes keep following me? Are they trying to tell me something?
5. Hmm filter dilemma. Valencia makes me look tanned but makes my blue eyes look dark. What to do?!
6. It is a shame that toddler craft ended up a massive mess, now I can’t put a success photo on Instagram.
7. I remember the days when food was for eating and not for photographing.
8. If I make this photo black and white you won’t be able to tell how pale and tired I actually am.
9. What do these hashtags even mean?
10. Oh well, I am going to use them all any way..
11. How is this persons life so picture perfect. HOW?!
12. Why would anyone buy followers?
13. Please leave me alone spammers.
14. I wish I really was as tanned as I look it all my Instagram photos.
15. I like looking at other bloggers photos but why have all my real life friends disappeared from my feed?
16. I wonder if anyone has turned notifications on so they can see my photos?
17. Hmm, doubt it.
18. I love photos of nature, I wish I could get up early enough to photograph the sunrise.
19. All these pictures of cake are making me hungry,
20. Yay, new follower!
21. Do I have to follow them back? Is it mean if I don’t?
22. Someone just liked pretty much all my photos. I don’t know whether to be grateful or be worried because I may have a stalker?
23. That quote is so inspiring, I feel it deserves more than just a like.
24. Is it bad Instagram etiquette to post about 10 photos in a row?
25. Oh well, I had a fun day so I’m posting them all anyway.
26. Aww I love Instagram communities, such a great idea.
27. I miss the days where I could happily just take a photo. Now I have to adjust the brightness/contrast/saturation and add a filter before I can even consider sharing it with the world.
28. Is it naughty to put #nofilter on a photo where you are looking good for once but have, in fact, used a filter?
29. Blurry backgrounds are cool, I wonder how people do that?
30. I think it’s probably time I stopped scrolling through my Instagram feed now.
So there you go, 30 little thoughts that have popped into my head while I have been wasting time on Instagram. Have you ever thought similar things? Are you also slightly obsessed with Instagram? It’s a real problem you guys, #thestruggleisreal . Let me know what you think 🙂
This post is linked to..