This blogging business is a bit overwhelming at times, isn’t it? I mean, I have been at it for over 2 years now and I am still learning new things pretty much every day and can often still feel a bit confused by it all. When I first started blogging it took me quite a while to find my feet and the best thing I did (and this is my top tip for all new bloggers, by the way) is to ask fellow bloggers for advice/help/support. The blogging community is so friendly, kind and, in the parent blogging community especially, the sense of solidarity is really inspiring. I have been wondering for sometime how I can help bloggers just starting out, bloggers feeling as overwhelmed and baffled by it all as I did when I first started tapping at the keys of my laptop in 2015. I am not a pro blogger so I can’t really offer many useful blog tips and tricks but I do have a strong readership, an engaged bunch of lovely mums/dads who all seem to love reading blogs. Exposure is so so important when you start blogging and it can be really difficult to get eyes on your posts when your blog is just a baby. SO, I have decided to start a new guest blogging series all for the new bloggers on the scene, let me introduce you to..
The Newbie Takeover
What is The Newbie Takeover all about? Well, every Wednesday I am planning to hand my blog over to a someone who has recently started blogging to do with as they wish (within reason!). If you are a new blogger and are interested in this opportunity then here are some more details
- You can write a post about anything as long as it is family friendly and I will post it here on my blog.
- You can write an ‘about me’ style post so my readers can get to know you better and hopefully start reading your blog too.
- You can publish a post here you have already published on your blog but it is not getting the love it deserves.
- If you are a vlogger as well you can publish a post here featuring some of your youtube videos.
- Need more followers on Instagram? You could publish a post full of your beautiful photos and include a link for people to pop over and hopefully follow your insta.
- You could write about something you’re passionate/care about but doesn’t fit with the niche you’re trying to fit your blog into and publish it here instead.
There are so many different things you could write about and you could really use this post to help give your blog a bit of a boost and hopefully get yourself some new loyal readers in the process.
As well as featuring your post on my blog, I will also link your post up to as many linkys as I can and promote it all over my social media accounts. I run a linky every Friday, with Lucy from Lucy At Home, so I will give you a shout out in my linky post as well as featuring you in my follow Friday tweets. You will obviously be getting a valuable backlink to your blog in the post too along with links to all your social media channels.
Sound good? If you want to get involved then here is what you have to do –
- Your blog must be less than 1 year old
- Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send me a link to your blog, a short bio and links to all your social media channels
- You DON’T have to be a parent blogger to take part but posts must not be offensive/inappropriate in any way (some swearing is ok!). It may be worth noting though that the vast majority of my readers are parents.
- Attach a photo for me to use as your posts featured image to your email.
- You are more than welcome to create a pinnable image for me to add to the post if you would like.
- The Newbie Takeover posts will go live every Wednesday
So fellow bloggers, welcome to the blogging community! I would love to have you guest post here at Naptime Natter and, like I said earlier, I am no blog guru but I am happy to help in anyway I can if you need some advice. I am looking forward to getting this series up and running and to showcase some fresh and exciting new blogging talent.
You can find this post linked to some of these amazing blog link ups –
Maternity Mondays | Marvellous Mondays | Posts from the Heart | #MG | Big Pink Link | Twinkly Tuesday | Dream Team | Tried and Tested | Blogger Club UK | Best and Worst | Family Fun | Cool Mum Club | A Blogging Good Time | The List Linky | PoCoLo |For the Love of Blog | KCACOLS …and of course #BlogCrush, the linky I co host every Friday.
Find me on Twitter ..
Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed this post I would love for you to share it 🙂