Two year old’s, they are not exactly known for their obedience and good manners, in fact it is quite the opposite. Us parents struggle to get our toddlers to follow some of life’s most basic rules – ‘say please and thank you’, ‘don’t run around by the road’, ‘don’t snatch’. However, our little darlings are more than happy to follow their own, toddler approved set of rules.
Here are 18 rules my 2 year old lives by, do any sound familiar?
1. Only have a lie in on days where Mummy and Daddy have to be up early.
2. Tantrums are the best form of communication and should happen at least once a day..AT LEAST.
3. Do not eat any green food, it is very likely to be poison.
4. Brown/beige food is the most nutritional and should be eaten in vast quantities.
5. Mr Tumble is God and you must listen to everything he says.
6. Naps must never be taken easily, no matter how tired you are.
7. If you have been up all night, do not nap the next day – Mummy loves being tired.
8. The more times you are asked to do something, the more you should definitely NOT do it.
9. If Mummy says no then ask Daddy. If Daddy says no, do it anyway..or cry about it.
10. A beaker of milk is the answer to all of life’s problems.
11. If a camera is recording stop whatever funny thing you are doing immediately.
12. Use your cuteness to your advantage at all times.
13. It is only acceptable to do a poo if your nappy has just been changed,
14, A book is never really finished until Mummy has read it at least 5 times.
15. Outside is awesome, make every effort to spend as much time out there as possible.
16. Do not let anyone cut your hair, risk to life is very real.
17. Forks are for throwing. Hands are for eating with.
18. Cbeebies is the only channel on T.V, don’t let Mummy tell you otherwise.
Have I missed anything off this list? What rules does your toddler live by? I would love to know.