Guess what? After blogging for nearly 2 years I have finally decided now is the time to host a linky. It is something I have ummed and ahhed over for a few months now and when Lucy from Lucy At Home asked if I was interested in hosting one with her the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. I have been reading Lucy’s blog for what feels like forever now and she has become such a lovely bloggy friend over the past few months, I am so happy we are both starting this linky up together as I don’t think I could have managed it if I went solo. Our brand new and exciting linky is called #BlogCrush and it is different to any other link up you have joined before. If you want to find out more then I suggest you keep on reading..
#BlogCrush – A brand new linky from Naptime Natter and Lucy At Home.
Before we delve into the rules and what makes #BlogCrush so unique, I firstly have to say I can take no credit for the idea behind this linky as it was Lucy who came up with it. I knew I wanted to start a linky but when Lucy told me her idea I was so excited, I have never seen a link up like it before and I really hope lots of you lovely bloggers are going to get involved.
So, what is #BlogCrush all about?
Lucy came up with the idea of #BlogCrush as she had read lots of posts from other bloggers listing blog posts they had read and loved, posts that were all about sharing the blog love. Instead of writing a similar post herself, Lucy had a brain wave and thought wouldn’t it be great if you could share your favourite posts within a linky? And POW…the idea for #BlogCrush was born.
If you too read lots of fabulous blog posts and want to give them the attention they deserve then you should definitely come and join in with this new linky. As well as being able to showcase the work of your favourite bloggers you will also be able to link up one of your own posts as well because your posts deserve some blog love too.
Here are the rules ..
* The linky will run every Friday 6am – 9pm
* You can link up 2 posts per week – 1 of your own posts and 1 post by a blogger that you love, your #BlogCrush
* Please add #bc in the inlinkz form when you add the link for your blog crush post
* Add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you are linking up from your own blog.
* Tweet @naptimenatter and @lucy_at_home on twitter and we will retweet your links
* Also, tweet your #BlogCrush to let them know you have added them to the linky
* Comment on one of my posts and one of Lucy’s posts, 1 personal post and 1 blog crush post – that is a total of 4 comments please. This linky is all about sharing the blogger love so if you want to comment on more posts too then please go ahead 🙂
* Lucy and I will comment on all the posts and share them all on our Twitter accounts.
* Each host will choose a favourite post and feature it in the next linky post as well as linking it up as their #BlogCrush post in the following week’s linky.
* If you could also follow Lucy and I on social media then we will love you forever. Naptime Natter twitter , Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube Lucy At Home twitter , facebook
Have I lost you? Or does it all make sense? Basically each week you can link up one of your posts and a blog post that you love written by someone else. A quick and easy way to share some blog love and get lots of eyes (hopefully!) on your blog too.
As it is valentines day on Tuesday we have decided to launch #BlogCrush next Friday, 17th of Fed at 6am, the timing just seems right. Lucy and I would love for you to come join us and to help spread the #BlogCrush word with all your blogging buddies before our big launch too.
I am so exciting to be taking this step into the blog linky world and I am so happy to have Lucy at my side, holding my hand as we embark on this adventure together.
Hopefully we will see you all next week for the first ever #BlogCrush link up!
If you like the sound of this linky and want us to send you a reminder tweet next week, please leave your twitter handle in the comments below. All bloggers welcome 🙂
If you want to find out what the brains behind the linky has to say, hop on over to Lucy’s blog for a read.
This post is linked to some of these amazing blog link ups. If you love blogs, go check them out and share the love.
Never miss a post. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a catch up email every Friday – no spam 🙂